A1 SOLICITORS COMPLAINTS HANDLING POLICY
A1 solicitors is committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something is wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us improve our standards. If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. We will have 8 weeks to consider your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time, you may complain to the legal ombudsman.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 3 days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Manager.The Principal of the firm, who will then review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- The Principal of the firm will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. She will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, the Principal of the firm will write to you to confirm what took place, and any solution she has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, the Principal of the firm will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter,
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange an appropriate alternative such as review by another solicitor to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complain explaining our reasons
If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the
PO BOX 6806
Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it). For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.